New Mortgages with Joy small banner

Insurance Services Page

Protecting you and your loved ones from unforeseen events such as long term illness, serious accidents, death or losing your job, is vitally important. Mortgages with Joy can offer you excellent advice to help you find the right policy for you.

Life Cover

You can take out an insurance policy to provide a financial safety net for your family in the unfortunate event of your death, giving you peace of mind for you and your family.

Critical Illness

No one knows what is around the corner, if you become critically ill and have to take a period of time off work, you will need to make some financial adjustments.  Critical illness cover pays you a lump sum if you are diagnosed with specified illnesses, to give you the breathing space you need to get you though.

Income Protection

This type of insurance used to be known as permanent health insurance or long-term disability insurance. It is designed to support you if you can’t work because you are ill or injured by replacing part of your income until you can go back to work or retire. It is different from critical illness cover in that it pays you a percentage of your gross salary or take home pay (you decide how much) rather than a lump sum.

Family Income Benefit

This type of insurance policy pays an income to dependents on the death of the insured party, ensuring your loved ones receive regular set amounts for the rest of the term of the policy.

Accident, Sickness & Unemployment Cover (ASU)

Accident, Sickness and Unemployment Cover (ASU) is designed to cover the cost of your mortgage payments in the event that an accident, sickness or unemployment stops you from working. Most ASU policies will only pay out for a maximum of a year, so if you do have sufficient savings in place to tide your over for this length of time, then you may not require cover. Check how much your employer is likely to pay you in the event that you get made redundant. If you have worked at your company for several years, the chances are you may get a decent payout, which would mean you might be paying for the unemployment element of your mortgage protection policy unnecessarily.

As a general rule, mortgage protection policies will start paying out either 31 days or 60 days after you are unable to work. However, many policies are 'back to day one' plans. This means that the benefit you receive is backdated to the date you were first out of work. Monthly payments are capped, usually at £1,500 or £2,000 a month or at a percentage of your income. So if you have a very large mortgage, you will need to think about how you will cover any surplus.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings insurance covers your property if any major disaster happens to your home and is essential for all mortgaged properties to ensure the lender can recover their losses. 

Contents Insurance covers items in your home that are not fixed to your property, for example jewellery, furniture, white goods etc. and enables you to replace items if they are broken or stolen.

There are also a number of optional extras that you can add to your cover, which includes:

         i.        Accidental buildings insurance (covers you, if you cause any damage to your home
                   yourself through DIY or other activities).

        ii.        Accidental contents insurance (if you cause damage to any items in your home
                  by accident).

       iii.        Home emergency (for burst pipes etc.).

      iv.        Personal belongings, (covers personal possessions that are damaged or stolen
                 outside the home).

       v.        Legal expenses (covers you if an accident occurs in your home and the other person
                  is hurt and sue).

Landlords Insurance

Landlords Insurance is an insurance policy that protects landlords against loss or damage to their rental property. The cover usually includes protection against the same perils normal home insurance does, including cover for buildings and the landlord's contents (if any) from standard perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, escape of water/oil, subsidence, and theft.

But, unlike normal household insurance, Landlord's Insurance can also protect landlords against:

      i.        Loss of earnings and rehousing costs should an insured event occur and the tenants have
                to move out.

     ii.        A tenant damaging the property.

    iii.        Non-payment of the rent.

   iv.        Your liability if an accident happens in your property and a tenant or employee is injured.

Gadget Insurance

Protect your gadgets against accidental and liquid damage, theft or loss. You never know when something may happen to your Smartphone, iPad, computer, TV etc. To get the best cover for the best price, let Mortgages with Joy find you a deal to suit your needs. Mortgages with Joy act as introducers for Gadget insurance.

For a FREE initial consultation on any insurance product, click here or call Joy to find the best policy for you.


For Buildings and Contents insurance and Accident, Sickness and Unemployment insurance we offer products from a range of insurers.




Quick contact

The guidance provided within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at consumers based in the UK.

Mortgages With Joy Limited is an appointed representative of TenetLime Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. TenetLime Services Limited is entered on the Financial Services Register ( under reference 311266.

Mortgages With Joy Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 07664448.

Registered office address: 47 Boutport Street, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1SQ.